Challenges (Part 1- Modeling)
3D Character modeling isn't without its challenges.

I really had issues with the topology and getting it to look just right based on the tutorial I was following and the reference material I had
As you can see in the image above it just didn't look right, so first I smoothed it- which leveled out the topology so I could go in and get a better look at the problem. This was tricky, I saw I had triangles under the arm which caused some real problems in terms of the character's overall look when 'smoothed'. To try and solve the issue I used the 'cut' tool to turn them into quads again and then I deleted the offending lines. This is just one of many challenges I've come across so far ( if I blogged them all I'd have no time to model!)

I really had issues with the topology and getting it to look just right based on the tutorial I was following and the reference material I had ![]() |
| What's going on with the underarm? |
As you can see in the image above it just didn't look right, so first I smoothed it- which leveled out the topology so I could go in and get a better look at the problem. This was tricky, I saw I had triangles under the arm which caused some real problems in terms of the character's overall look when 'smoothed'. To try and solve the issue I used the 'cut' tool to turn them into quads again and then I deleted the offending lines. This is just one of many challenges I've come across so far ( if I blogged them all I'd have no time to model!)

Comments
Post a Comment