The big three.


Three clips below for your viewing pleasure. 

I say mere viewing pleasure however these are the three clips I'm looking at as potential references for CGI animation.

I've tried to look for scenes of high impact be it comedy or violence.
In terms of producing content I believe it's always a good idea to make your audience feel something. 

Without further ado though let's begin with a clip from Altered Carbon (Netflix, 2019)
This is a very grim scene but I like it for a number of reasons. Firstly it's to the point- the 'fight' matters because it's succinct and brutal. It'd be perfect for a very 'to the point' character.






Now let's ease into something a little more comedic- Mr Bean. It's from the episode The curse of Mr. Bean (ITV, 1990). Here the titular Mr. Bean tries to deal with a diving board and the results aren't great.
I Really like Rowan Atkinson's use of physical comedy as he's stuck on the diving board, his movements are clear. The use of body language is strong and conveys the hesitation and fear perfectly. (3:18 - approx 4:18) *did upload the clip but YouTube copyright got the video*








Lets wrap things up with a little dance number courtesy of Napoleon Dynamite(Paramount Pictures, 2004). This one is a gold mine for expressive over the top movements. I love the initial hesitation then, the almost complete reversal as the dance really kicks up a gear. 





My personal preference is for the Altered Carbon scene, it oozes slickness and style with a hint of the ridiculous, but I think the other two clips are perfectly viable too within their own right. 

Comments

  1. In regards to the first clip from Altered Carbon I think that the way that the blood splatters and the victims fall is going to be the hardest thing to mimic the actual physics of that happening with the way the hair moves on the main character when he swivels and shoots there is a lot going on which may make it difficult for you to do it all in a short time frame.

    In regards to the second Mr Bean clip I think that the facial expressions paired with the slow and deliberate movement is a great reference to use and a key thing to remember if you use this as reference is that most of the movement is quite stiff because of him being so scared so I think this is the one you should use as reference.

    In regards to the Napoleon Dynamite clip I think this is also a good reference clip for reference as the movement is very slick and smooth with a slight pop or snap at the end of each dance move this could be a good challenge and I think that it is also a very achievable goal to be able to mimic this dance sequence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In regards to the first clip from Altered Carbon I think that the way that the blood splatters and the victims fall is going to be the hardest thing to mimic the actual physics of that happening with the way the hair moves on the main character when he swivels and shoots there is a lot going on which may make it difficult for you to do it all in a short time frame.

    In regards to the second Mr Bean clip I think that the facial expressions paired with the slow and deliberate movement is a great reference to use and a key thing to remember if you use this as reference is that most of the movement is quite stiff because of him being so scared so I think this is the one you should use as reference.

    In regards to the Napoleon Dynamite clip I think this is also a good reference clip for reference as the movement is very slick and smooth with a slight pop or snap at the end of each dance move this could be a good challenge and I think that it is also a very achievable goal to be able to mimic this dance sequence.

    Evaluation by
    Hasan Suleman

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts